February 07, 2004


I ran the big swatch of Bulky Lopi through two hot wash cycles and produced this:

Fuzzy, isn’t it! I forgot to take a picture of it pre-felting, but it looked much like the coat, of course. Up close, you can see that the stitch definition hasn’t disappeared, but the fabric is stiff and very furry, so I don’t think I’m going to worrry about it.

I’ve ordered some yarn and some large dpns and circular needles to make the kitty bed. I hope Tigger likes it - he hasn’t shown a lot of interest in the felted swatch yet, but it was wet yesterday; and it’s not really big enough for him to curl up on. We’ll see!

I’ve also finished the cabling section on the first sleeve of Rogue:

I’m quite happy with how it’s turning out, though of course it will need some blocking, and I have to sew the hem facing down. The colour is closer in this picture than in the picture of the swatch, but in real life it’s a little richer. (If only that were the way it always worked! But alas, it seems the reverse is usually true, of people, anyway!)

I’ve finished marking my first test, and I’ve almost completed the marks sheet and entered all the grades. I swear, this is my least favourite part of the entire process - entering all the names into a table, and setting up a marks record for 175 students. There has to be a better way…

Tomorrow I will show you my first knitted item ever - be afraid, be very afraid!

Posted by Aven at February 7, 2004 12:15 PM

Your sleeve looks great! I love the colour too. Nice work.

Posted by: steph at February 8, 2004 08:05 PM