February 25, 2004

Brief update

With my Major Field exams fast approaching (March 4th & 5th! Ack!) I’ve been cutting down on my knitting somewhat, trying to finish everything that needs to be read. I therefore haven’t started any new projects, though there’s an aran sweater for Mark waiting, and a cotton top for me, not to mention getting the yarn from the frogged brown top sorted out and ready to knit. But I have managed some progress on Rogue; I’ve finished the side cable pattern on the body and split for the armholes. I’m about half done the back:

roguebodysplit.jpg

Exciting, isn’t it? Here’s a rather disheveled picture of the side cabling, which is a little truer to the real colour of the yarn:

bodycables.jpg

There has been a great deal of discussion on the Rogue-along list about the hem facing - what type of facing to use, and how to attach it. For what it’s worth, on the body I used the k1p1 ribbing and knit the facing into the hem. I didn’t have any real problem with the hem biasing since the ribbing isn’t biased, but you can see the line caused by the knitting in of the hem in these pictures. I don’t really mind it, and it mostly disappears when it’s stretched slightly. At least I know it’s straight because I knit it in; if I’d sewn it, I might have wavered a little. When I did the sleeves I knit the biased facing and sewed it in, so it looks a little different - maybe I’ll post a picture of that tomorrow.

That’s all for now.

Posted by Aven at February 25, 2004 03:09 PM
Comments

Good luck with the exams. I really hope that they go well.

Posted by: Lydia at February 25, 2004 03:52 PM